Girls+ Rock Ottawa presents our second Gig Planning 101 Workshop for Girls+, a series of workshops and a multi-week program where participants will have the opportunity to plan an inclusive all-ages music show, meet new friends and learn real-world skills while helping to put Ottawa music on the map!
Participants in this workshop will:
- Book bands and/or performers for the music event
- Promote the music event by developing and implementing a communications plan
- Coordinate logistics for the music event
- Follow a budget and help complete a cost and revenue report
- Complete approximately 11 hours of volunteer service that can be used to satisfy the Ontario Secondary School volunteer requirement (estimate based on full attendance of workshop)
This workshop is open to anyone 13+ years of age who identifies as a girl, femme, non-binary, two-spirit or gender non-conforming.
Stay tuned for the next Gig Planning Workshop!
Dates: February 8, 2017 - March 15, 2017
Times: 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Participants will meet once a week on Wednesdays for five weeks prior to the event and on the week following the event. Each meeting is expected to take one hour.
Instructors: Mandie Norton & Willa MacLean
Location: Weekly meetings will be held at the Sunnyside branch of the Ottawa Public Library, 1049 Bank St, Ottawa, ON