There are many ways to be involved in music other than being a musician!
If you are passionate about music and supporting artists, and are yearning to have a platform to showcase music you love, we have the perfect workshop for you! Girls+ Rock Ottawa presents Gig Planning 101 in partnership with Debaser.
The Gig Planning 101 Workshop will provide you with an overview of:
- How to organize your first show
- What it takes to put on a successful show
- How to budget for fees and expenses
- Considerations for curating your lineup and putting together a program
- How to create an offer, and negotiate with artists and agents
Receive a Gig Planning Toolkit that includes:
- Steps that outline how to book, manage and promote a show
- Lists of venues and local bands
- Considerations for creating a safer and inclusive space
Facilitated by Rachel Weldon and Amanda Lowe Warnakulasuriya, two experienced local promoters who put together some of the the freshest lineups in town.